Environment and Social Development Association (ESDA) Delhi is a non-government and non-profit based national organization, principally dedicated to enhancement of public awareness on preservation and up gradation of environment and management of all forms of air, waste, water and river conservation, plantation, tree protection, sustainable development, social upliftment, gender equality as well as providing platform for “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” (Save Girl Child) Movement. ESDA is a voluntary organization formed by the people for the people, for all-round development of the society. It is not an organization of few individuals, but “a voice against exploitation of Nature” and “Endeavour for the betterment of the Society.”
Since its registration on 23rd July, 2004 under Societies Registration Act-XXI of 1860 in Delhi by a handful of environmentalists, the association has grown with more than 1000 life and patron members from diverse fields of specialization in more than 15 States of India. Its main aims and objectives include educating and creating awareness about environmental and social issues among young minds, students, researchers and general public; setting up regional and state chapters to organize different academic, scientific and mass awareness activities such as National/International level conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, trainings, meetings, Street Plays etc. on the themes of environmental concerns.
ESDA is an open platform of people of the world who want to work as an Academician, Scientist, Activist, Volunteer, Member, Office Bearer, Advisor and Sympathizer on environmental and social issues. Anyone from any part of the world may be a member of the Society (ESDA). The Society is working passionately to achieve said goals in different parts of the nation and in collaboration and support with esteemed Government and private institutions.
Vision & Mission of ESDA
The main dream of ESDA is to establish a happy & prosperous world with full of energy & life, where no any environmental & social problem.
Three basic amenities for living organisms are air, water and land or soil. These all should be pure, virgin, undisturbed, uncontaminated always.
The main mission of ESDA is to educate and aware on Environmental and Social issues in all its Branches, Sate Chapters, District Environmental Centres (DEC) through –
- Organizing conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, trainings, meetings and holding discussions on environmental issues including pollution of air, water, noise soil & waste management, river conservation, biodiversity conservation & natural resources management, plantation and social problems like female feticide, human health, dowry system, tobacco cessation, women empowerment and child development.
- Promoting scientific and technological research/projects for environmental conservation and societal welfare;
- Popularization of environmental challenges among the students and communities;
- Undertaking scientific and social works of public importance as may be called upon to perform;
- Promoting scientific & environmental excellence in research and public work by giving due recognition/awards to scientists, academic faculties, researchers, social & environmental activists;
- Publication of proceedings, books, reports and other works as considered desirable;
- Opening State Chapters and District Environmental Centres (DEC) of the society (ESDA) in the country and also International Chapters;
- Securing endowments for the promotion of environmental conservation and sustainable development
Aims and Objectives of ESDA
- To work for the environmental conservation;
- To work for prevention and control of environmental pollution (Air, Water, Soil & Noise);
- To work for conservation and management of water;
- To work for biodiversity conservation and eco-regeneration;
- To work for waste management;
- To work for disaster management and rehabilitation of affected peoples.
- To work for river conservation;
- To work for control of the global warming & climate change and mitigation of greenhouse gases;
- To educate and aware the peoples about the environment problems and to develop eco-club, enviro-club and environment-friend in institution and community;
- To work for natural resources management and non-conventional energy sources.
- To work for agriculture and forestry development and introduce organic farming.
- To work for Plantation & Afforestation
- To work for environmental degradation & human health and aware & control of different dangerous diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis, Cancer, T.B., Asthma, Plague, Dengue, etc.
- To work for population control and family planning.
- To work for women empowerment and child development.
- To work for control of female feticide and save girl child.
- To work for rehabilitation of prostitutes, baggers, disabled, widows and orphan children.
- To work for the eradication of social evils like terrorism, corruption, social discrimination, communalism, dowry system, prostitution and child labour.
- To aware the peoples about education and to start literacy mission for 100% education.
- To establish old age people care centres and develop self-help groups (SHG).
- To work for road safety.
- To work for sustainability and sustainable development.
- To work for human rights and rural development.
- To work for cessation and control of Tobacco/Smoking